Last Revised: April 29, 2013
Welcome to PingPongStory.com (the "Site") operated by Ping Pong Story Inc. ("us", "our" and "we").
We value the privacy of our members and others who visit and use the Site (individually, "You" or collectively, "Users"). We take your privacy seriously and make it a priority to protect personal information that we obtain from and about our Users.
- Our Commitment to Children's Privacy. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to us. For that reason, we put in place certain features designed to help protect the Personally Identifiable Information of children less than 18 years of age. We do not knowingly permit any person less than 18 years of age to register directly for the Site unless we reasonably believe that the child's parent or guardian has consented to such registration and use of the Site. If we learn that Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 18 years of age has been collected on the Site without parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 18 has a registered account with the Site without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child's Personally Identifiable Information from our systems.
What Information We Collect
- Cookie Information. When you visit the Site, whether or not you are a Member, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on a website. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. However, without cookies you will not have access to certain services and features on the Site.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Site, we may automatically record certain information from your browser. This automatically collected information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Site. Additionally, we may record certain information regarding your use of features on the Site.
- Third-Party Web Beacons. We may also implement third-party content on the Site that uses "clear gifs," "web beacons," or other similar techniques, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser, or implement similar tracking mechanisms, in connection with your viewing of that third-party content displayed on the Site. This information is collected directly by the third-party, and we do not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third-party's own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
- Location Information. We may collect and store information about your location if you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. You may be able to change the settings on your computer or mobile device to prevent it from providing us with such information.
- Your Communication with Us. When you send e-mail or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Our Communication with You. During the registration process for the use of the Site, you will be asked to indicate whether you consent to receiving information that may be of interest to you, to receiving promotional communications from us regarding our services, and to receiving other communications from us regarding your account. Such information will be sent by e-mail or by another form of electronic communication, and may also be communicated by conventional mail. You may opt out of receiving communications from us at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in such messages, if applicable, by making a modification on your account settings page or by contacting us. We will only send you e-mail communications to which you have given your express and/or implied consent to send. All e-mail communications from us will expressly identify us as the sender and provide you with our contact information.
How and Why We use Your Information
- We use the information that you provide or that we collect in order to establish and enhance our relationship with you. We generally use the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Site.
- If you have given us consent, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information to provide you with information about our features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you. We may also send information or offers to groups of Users on behalf of other businesses. Under certain circumstances (for example if you win a contest) we may post your Personally Identifiable Information on the Site. However, we will notify you of this possibility when collecting Personally Identifiable Information or we will obtain your consent. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain other websites that we link to (and that you click upon) in order to enhance your experience in connection with the Site.
- We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with companies that provide services to us, including outside contractors or agents who help us manage our information activities (for example, contest and sweepstake administration), but they may only use your Personally Identifiable Information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
- We may use "cookie" information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; (b) provide customized third-party content and information; (c) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (d) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- If you have registered as a Member and given us consent, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with advertisers, business partners, and other entities that are not affiliated with us who would like to send you information about their products and services. We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with other third-party organizations for their marketing or promotional use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
When and to Whom We Disclose Information
- Aggregate Information. We may generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from the information you provide during registration and through your use of the Site. Non-identifying and aggregate profiles are used to improve the quality of the Site and to develop new services and products. Aggregated non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
- User Postings on the Site. The Site enables you to share your Content with other Users of the Site. The Site may also permit you to share your Content publicly on the Site. If your Content is shared with other Users, any Personally Identifiable Information that you choose to include in, or is associated with, such Content will be accessible by such Users. Once you make your Personally Identifiable Information available to others in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
- Social Networks. We will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. In particular, we will disclose Personally Identifiable Information where you have elected to connect your account on our Site to a social network or other similar service (e.g., Facebook or Google), or have elected to have your activity on our Site published to a social network or other similar service (e.g., Facebook or Google). To control the information that you share, you should review and, if appropriate, modify your privacy settings on such services.
- Required by Law. We may also disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Merger or Acquisition. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
- Other Purposes. We also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect us from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our Users, or others.
Protection of Your Personally Identifiable Information
- Your account and Personally Identifiable Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. It is your responsibility to use your best efforts to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personally Identifiable Information by selecting your password appropriately, and limiting unauthorized access to your computer and/or browser and/or mobile platform.
- We make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. Notwithstanding such efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of your account and personally identifiable information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your account and/or Personally Identifiable Information at any time.
- We restrict access to your Personally Identifiable Information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Accessing and Updating Your Personally Identifiable Information
- If you register as a Member of the Site, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by going to your account settings page.
- We also make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personally Identifiable Information and to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual Users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
If you are a User outside of Canada, please note that we process your Personal Information on our servers in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and in other countries as may be necessary. In some cases, we process your Personal Information outside your own country. Therefore, Canadian federal and provincial governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in Canada. Your use of the Site or your submission of any Personally Identifiable Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, which may provide for different data protection rules then in your own country.
Complaints and Questions